Allied Capital Corporation (ALD) is a private equity company focusing on buyouts, acquisitions, note purchases, recapitalizations, growth capital, and middle market equity and debt investments.
Interesting aspects are:
- Volume at approximately 2.03 million average shares/day
- P/E is at 11
- A dividend of 17.6% (could be cut in the near future, if so we may see a dramatic sell-off)
- Current price at 52.5% below the 52 week high
- Steady earnings expected for '08 and '09
- Insider buying since early June
- A .65 dividend coming up on 9/10/08
Closing on Friday at 14.75, I am willing to call ALD a buy.